March 07, 2016 | Newsletter
Crosbie & Company Perspectives 2016 on Private Equity Financing
Given the importance of private equity to middle market M&A, we thought you may have an interest in our analysis of certain proprietary valuation and capital structure data.
This data is for Canadian and U.S. private equity transactions of between $10 and $250 million, in the years before and after the financial crisis. We believe it provides some important perspectives that would be relevant for business owners, in particular for those contemplating a sale, for potential acquirors, and for their respective transaction advisors.
- Valuation multiples segmented by transaction size and industry
- Transaction activity levels
- Debt multiples relative to their pre-financial crisis highs
- Average amount of equity capital used in PE transactions
- Private equity portfolio inventory and hold time
To read the publication in full, click on the image.