We help business owners, corporations and boards of directors develop and assess alternatives for debt financing to fund acquisitions, capital programs, and refinancing of current debt arrangements.
We blend hands-on experience in structuring and raising debt with an extensive knowledge of debt and other capital providers in Canada and the United States. These groups include banks and non-bank lenders, subordinated debt groups, second lien lenders, high yield bond investors, and providers of alternative debt solutions and equity. The scope of our advice typically includes:
- Assessing and optimizing the capital structure and cost of capital
- Identifying the best sources of financing
- Providing insights into the likely structure, pricing, maturity and terms
As an independent advisor, we are then able to run a competitive process on our client’s behalf to put in place a financing solution that help our clients achieve the optimal level of debt, at the lowest possible cost and with the maximum flexibility.
As part of a financing process, we advise and assist clients in negotiating the terms of their financing, including:
- The amount
- Rates and fees
- Financial covenants
- Repayment obligations
- Permitted capital expenditures
- Permitted distributions to shareholders