We raise capital to fund growth, acquisitions, and to recapitalize businesses for a variety of reasons, including restructuring, succession, or to provide the funding for transactions between shareholders and shareholder distributions.
Crosbie has deep experience in raising all types of capital, including:
- Senior debt (first and second lien)
- Cash flow based as well as asset-based lending alternatives
- Subordinated debt and other junior capital
- Private equity (both control and minority equity)
- Non-traditional forms of capital
- Capital for special situations or underperforming businesses
Our approach to raising capital is based on our extensive knowledge of the markets in the U.S. and Canada. We follow a disciplined process to target the best providers for a given situation and then create a competitive dynamic to get the most attractive structure, pricing and terms possible.
Where it is beneficial to our client’s financial flexibility or cost of capital, we will target providers of different types of capital. This often surfaces alternatives that help optimize the capital structure and meet the objectives of our client.
Several Crosbie partners have extensive financing backgrounds as lenders, underwriters and/or as principals. This provides us with a particularly strong appreciation of financing issues that need to be carefully managed in order to complete a successful transaction.